Monday, June 15, 2015

Turn Around is Fair Play

Tales from the Cutting Counter: I answer the phone.
Customer: I need a price on some green fabric.
Me: What kind of fabric.
C: Green. Dark green.
Me: Yes, but what kind? Knit, woven, upholstery....?
C: Just dark green. Heavy.
Me: Duck cloth? Canvas? Upholstery solid? I have a lot of green fabric, you'll have to give me a little guidance here. Prices could range from $6 to $50 a yard.
C: For green?
Me: For all colors.
C: I don't think you understand what I want. Jean fabric.
Me: Jeans? Like... denim? Oh, I have lots of that. Just none in green.
C: I don't need it in green, I think you misheard that.
Me: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA All of my denim is $12.99 a yard and it's currently on sale half price. (more chuckles.) And I am so sorry...I really thought you were saying "Green" and I had NO idea what you needed.
C: :giggling: Thanks, I'll be up later for some.
Me: Great, thank YOU. And again, sorry for the misunderstanding.


Not all good tales feature customers that don't understand me. Sometimes, it's the other way around.

No comments:

Post a Comment