Tuesday, February 3, 2015

My Two Cents

Tales from the Cutting Counter:  It's part of my job to stay on top of current trends in bridal decor, since so many brides like to make things themselves for their weddings.  Right now, burlap is all the rage for table runners, ribbon, you-name-it.  A woman came to the cutting counter today.  She'd been browsing for a while.  "I need your opinion on something," she started.  "My daughter wants the groomsmen in her wedding to wear ties made from burlap.  What do you think?"  "What do I think?" I asked, raising my eyebrows.  "I think that your daughter should not have neckties made from burlap at her wedding."  I said.  The woman laughed out loud.  "Me EITHER!" she exclaimed.  We had a fun little chat after that about planning weddings, and Pinterest, and how smelly, itchy, and generally awful burlap is.  I think she's going with a nice, slubby linen for the ties. 

No comments:

Post a Comment